- Prepare the model in SU with scenes for every floorplan and section cuts you need for your project. (Maybe you want to add a scene with grids to trace in LO by dashed lines.)
- Prepare LO with pages according to SU scenes. Choose a paper size by -> Document Setup-Paper
- Insert the model to LO. Use a seperate layer for the viewport so you can lock and unlock as you need.
Doubleclick the model to position it with zoom (mousewheel) and pan (Shift + H). After that do the following settings.
SketchUp Model -> View
– choose the Scene = Section Cuts
– Standard Views = Elevations
– choose the Scale
– change from Raster to Vector (you can come back after dimensioning)
SketchUp Model -> Styles
– reduce Line Weight at 0,2 pts (to snap dimensions by object, turn grid snapping off)
– choose “Hidden Lines” for syle to have a wired floorplan
– uncheck “Background”
Note: Prepare Styles for use in LO.
Make three of each of your favorite Styles. One for Section Cuts (ad “S”), one for Section Cut with displayed Section Planes (“ad P”) and one for Elevation (ad “E”). “Ad collection to favorites” to be shown in LO. Take time, it’s hard work. But once it’s done LO will behave nice. At this time the scenes are not updatet properly by showing cuts and elevations.
Copy and Paste viewport with all settings to the next page. Or copy Page with all features and rename Page. Choose next scene.
- Ad layers for Text, Mesurement, Colours, Hatches etc. Move Colours and Hatches below Viewport. Move Dashes above Viewport and trace the lines. To hide the model lines send a white line backward the dashed line.
- Insert cars, people or trees from your Scrapbook.
- To modify the model open it with right mouse button (don’t doubleclick anymore after scale.)
- To speed up: Document Setup -> Paper -> Rendering Resolution
Edit Quality = Low
Output Quality = High
- Save your settings “As Template” and make it to your startpage -> Edit-Preferences-Startup.
Leave a Reply